Even a small amount of alcohol affects your ability to drive. If you drink and then get behind the wheel of a car, you risk your life, the lives of your passengers and others on the road. Drink driving costs lives.
Drink driving - Remember!
- Don't drink and drive. The only safe limit is none
- Beware of the morning after. You could still be over the limit
- Plan how to get home without the need to drive
- Don't offer an alcoholic drink to someone you know is planning to drive
- Don't accept a lift from a driver you know has drunk alcohol.
source: Devon and Cornwall Police website